Patreon | Donate
Nourishment At Home Videos
Shop E-Zines + Seeds
Beautiful Beings, Bright Rising + Bienvenido!
Moon Phase: Waxing Half Moon Sun Phase: Summer Solstice
Video: Plants As Medicine by: kuwa jasiri
Moment to Pause to honour the brilliant Sun
Summer Solstice (June 20) marks the midway point of Summer in my Ghanaian tradition. Summer Solstice occurs when one of the Earth’s poles has its maximum tilt toward the Sun. The Sun reaches its highest position in the sky and is the day with the longest duration of Sunlight.
Marvel at the potency of the Sun during this midsummer celebration! My favorite ways to interact with the Sun are lighting a fire with a magnifying glass, growing plants and sunbathing. There are so many wonders the Sun aides in. This Waxing Moon get to know some of the plants that absorb sunlight and require warmth to germinate.
The Asante peoples of Ghana use Adinkra symbols to express the connection between the verbal and the visual in Akan culture. These symbols are traditionally carved and adorn our fabrics. Some Adinkra symbols are included.
Sun medicine is conscious and intentional, legible, and rational. One expresses and requires Sun medicine in order to move consciously towards goals, to keep one’s word, to show up, to maintain a health routine, to connect with other humans, to affirm boundaries, and to be accountable. Work with the Sun this Solstice to live your best life.
Sunlight offers us energy boosts, cleansing, vitamins, and a pleasant mood. Direct exposure and high temperatures can be harmful in prolonged doses. This Solstices connect deeper with the vibrant, nurturer Sun.
Ways to connect with the Sun
-Make a Sun Altar with showy flowers, gemstones, glass and other majikal items
–Pray to the Sun for support with your specific needs
-Acknowledge the East and West directions
-Charge your majikal tools in direct Sunlight
-Dance, Sing, and Praise the Sun
–Play and Rest in the Sunlight
-Dream with the Sun
Check out our FREE e-zine Botanical Anatomy to explore the intricacies of plants.
Support me in receiving a 5,000$ livable stipend for my Solidarity work and helping us to welcome 3 new patrons for continued support.
We raised 939$ from 12 patrons whose collective contribution totals 96$, 1 new patron at 5$, Matt’s 500$, 1 old patron who increased their pledge by $10, Junebug’s 100$ Rennie’s 100$, e-zine sale 3$, coaching session 120$, and Nico who gave 5$.
Generous community contributions provide vital leadership for our dynamic, liberatory programming and are matched dollar for dollar by the Trans Justice Funding Project totaling 10,000$. If you believe in the work we do, become a donor this Summer Solstice.
Five Ways to Support
1. Word Of Mouth: The only way to achieve our goals is for you to spread our request far and wide. Print, Post, Share. Circulate our campaign so we meet our goals! #BeginWithReparations
2. Give Money: A single donation, ongoing contributions via patreon, Cryptocurrency donations or legacy bequests. Every donation is important. Please give a little.
3. Purchase: Original design merchandise, educationally playful e-zines, majikal items and zero waste community garden Seeds.
4. Hire me: to facilitate a workshop, as your Liberation Coach, and/or to make you a zine.
5. In-kind donations: of Seeds, hygiene items, gift cards, dehydrated herbs + spices, dehydrated fruits + foods, herbal medicine, majikal items, healthcare treatments, and/or remote administrative work.
Let us prove that grassroots, genderqueer, Afro led, mutual aide initiatives can thrive. Will you give this Juneteenth to support us in reaching our goal of 5,000$ and 3 new patrons?