“…replant Seeds into welcoming ground, and once again cultivate into purpose a real, livable viable array of ritual seed cultures worth descending from.”
– The Unlikely Peace at Cuchamaquic, Book
My journey connecting with the Natural world began after graduating college. I wanted to find ways to meet my own needs instead of seeking out others. One method I found was growing my own food, later shifting to medicine and now is expanded to include:
My relationship with Seeds allows me to live in harmony with the land and tell the plant based stories of my African Ancestry.
We encourage Seed saving at home. We prioritize the cultivation and distribution of home harvested, open source, organic, heirloom, wild and cultural Seeds to People Of Heritage (Of Colour). Our vision is to once again have Seeds shared collectively and freely among our people as is our 10,000 year old tradition. We believe Seeds teach:
-communal harmony and
-deep Ancestral wisdom.
MAIN FOCUS AREAS
– Home Harvesting Seeds: Grow your own Seeds, food, medicine, fibers, pigments and tools and/or wild forage! With the each one, teach one method educate others and share your bounty.
– Zero Waste Community Gardens: Local spaces to grow for the neighbourhood featuring:
-rain catchment systems
-assisted care and
– Rematriation: a word Indigenous women of Turtle Island use to express “Returning the Sacred to the Mother”. We work primarily with the Diné + Taino + Towac Nations and tribes of Ghana.
– West African Seeds + Stories: We catalogue and distribute over 20 varieties of Seeds that voyaged over during the transatlantic slave trade.
– Remediation: Using plants to detoxify our Earth especially in resource extraction zones and at home.
Our main principles are teach children, use our bodies over machines, do it in love because of love!
SUPPORT OUR WORK
Donate Seeds Or Growing Space
Shop Our Seeds + Nature E-Zines
Sponsor An Indigenous Elder
Sponsor Our Remediation Efforts
Fund Our Work