We are a grassroots community driven by these values.
BY US, FOR US
Our organization exists primarily to support communities of genderqueer people of culture.
Our work is:
- Grounded in Ancestral & cultural wisdom. We honor the resources we have access to and get permission from appropriate stewards when necessary.
- Rooted in liberation. We identify beyond the confines of race and gender, therefore naming ourselves and creating our own narratives.
- A collaboration in Nature. Every participant has agency in the creative process. We hold space for people to recognize what they have to offer within themselves and encourage them bring it to the collective.
In our work, we live by the five R’s:
Refuse – We actively abstain from trash generating activities. Straws, plastic bags, plastic ware, plastic bottles, and styrofoam, for instance, are rarely used in our work.
Rot – Through composting, we return food, plant material, and paper back to the soil whenever possible.
Reduce – We use the minimum amount of materials possible to get the job done including electricity and Water.
Reuse – We use materials multiple times in a myriad of ways to cut down on waste.
Recycle – Once a material like plastic, glass, or metal, has no more functionality, we recycle it.
- We ask the Plant(s) and any other species actively living or using the area for permission to harvest. We inform all the creatures of our intention for use.
- We only harvest what we need, and will use. if there are multiple plants in the area.
- We give gratitude to the Plant(s), the nearby Creatures, and leave an offering to all including the landscape.
- The majority of Plants and Seeds we use are harvested by us, People Of Culture, or urban small farmers.
- We understand rest as necessary and vital to the human body. We encourage folks to have clear boundaries around their personal capacity and in all of our work we are flexible to meet people in rest.
- We aspire to create a joyful experience that engages curiosity, fosters creativity and fun!
OPEN SOURCE SEEDS
- Re-establish Seeds as free and available to all.
- We educate folks on Seed Companies that patent some of their varieties. We recommend avoiding these companies: Territorial Seeds, High Mowing Seeds, Vitalis, Bejo and Johnnys Seeds.
- We recommend supporting others with better ethics