May love compel you to act.
Too hot! We are now in partnership with American Friends Sevice Committee as they launch FREE THEM ALL!
Days of action are Septiembre 9-13 in honour of the Attica Uprising when more than 2,000 people incarcerated in upstate ‘New York’ took over the yard of Attica Correctional Facility, demanding freedom, wages, education access, medical care, and more.
Everyone deserves dignity and justice. But in the United States, 2.3 million people are locked away in prisons, jails, and detention centers, where they are subject to civil and human rights violations and a lack of access to adequate health care.
With the coronavirus, the dangers of imprisonment have multiplied exponentially, making every sentence a potential death sentence.
1. Join an physically distanced in-person or online event.
- See our listing of events by state.
- Sign up for our webinar “Attica to Abolition” (Sept. 8, 7:30 p.m. ET)
- Sign up to participate in our Abolition phone zap to get folks released from prisons & detention centers (Sept. 9, 2:00 p.m. ET)
- Register for our call to reflection and worship for #FreeThemAll (Sept. 13, 7:30 p.m. ET)
2. Organize an event in your community.
3. Take action online.
Tell your governor, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Bureau of Prisons (BOP): Protect incarcerated people from COVID-19 in prisons, jails, and detention centers!
4. Become a partner.
Please register here as an official partner and we’ll add your name to our partners’ page!
YOU CAN BE THE CHANGE WE SEEK.